Sunday, May 21, 2017

5/21/17

Week 1/Why I'm starting this thing

A couple days ago a friend and I were talking, and we ended up having a deep and somewhat meaningful conversation about the different things we could do to get out of our comfort zones. We have a problem with that type of thing, and we wanted to start taking some steps to solve that problem, so we started a list. Thus far, the list is:

• Tell a joke to a stranger.
• Take a different route to a place you go frequently.
• Google something random and learn about it.
• Try a new restaurant.
• Buy and wear something in a color you don't presently have.
• Get some food item in a store you've never tried.
• Drink a can of Moxie.
• Listen to a new radio station.
• Watch a movie in a genre you don't normally like.
• Go to the emergency room and just sit there. Comfort someone.
• Thank a service person for serving their country.
• Thank a policeman.
• Put sticky notes with positive messages around.
• Write a poem and post it on TLP.
• Sing in public.
• Say hello to a new person everyday.
• Volunteer in a new place.
• Go to a place in your town you don't usually go to.
• Order something on a menu you'd never think of ordering usually.
• Buy a piece of clothing you usually would never try.

And that's just so far.

I already committed to stepping outside of my comfort zone (about seven people have it in writing), so that's what I'm gonna do by doing this blog-like thing. I'm not doing it because I'm bored, though that IS the main excuse I give when I do cringey things, I'm doing it to feel LESS comfortable, and therefore MORE comfortable. Get it? Yeah. Anyways...

This is a completely private thing that's also not that private. It's private because I'm expecting no one to know about it and don't really want anyone to know about it, but not private because I won't really mind of anyone I know eventually finds it. So this will just be me, ranting about stuff, to no one. Have fun, NSA, because this will get real boring, real fast.

So Thursday, I went to the environmental center afterschool before I walked home to take some nice pictures of the nature there and stuff. Not necessarily to put them anywhere, but to just save them for me and maybe some of my friends to look at later. That was pretty chill, except I put my entire right foot into a muddy puddle on the way out, and had to walk down all of Main Street like that.



Here's some pictures I took, in case anyone in the NSA is interested: https://goo.gl/HZm0Dp

A lot of things happened this weekend and one of them just so happened to be a Nicolas Cage cake. Not gonna explain the memeing behind that one, but I will say that it was payback from my mother for something else I had done.


Right now, I'm uploading a collaborative video that me and my friends Justin, Ian, and Martina did together. I still have to check Schoology to see if I have any more homework (sometimes my teachers just like to upload assignments at the last possible minute), so as soon as this is done uploading I'm gonna do my homework, then print out more pictures of Nicolas Cage to put around the house. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment